Saturday 2 June 2012

Hairy Things

Ok, so I was bored of my hair again and decided to have some fun! I did a pastel pink tint, but instead of a 'dip dye', I wanted more of an 'ombre' effect - like blonde fading into pink. I took some photos, and thought I'd show you the process, for anybody interested!

This is my hair before (terrible roots wahhhh):



I then mixed some Directions Pastel Pink (i think...) with conditioner, and added a dab of Carnation Pink (a really bright pink) to make it brighter: 


I then used a tint brush to 'feather' it onto the hair, to avoid a harsh line of colour. The lower I got, the more 'Carnation Pink' I added to the mix, so the more intense the pink colour became.
Once it was on the hair, I let it process for about 20 minutes, rinsed, and voila:





Just a quick warning: some colours stick more than others, blue being the main culprit... I'm pretty confident that this will wash out in about 5 or 6 washes, but if you do a blue tint, that shit'll stick around...! 





4 comments:

  1. Yodlehoo! Nice hair! I know this isn't the place to ask, but you going on the Summer course?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask away babe - NO! :( I'm sorry - I'm possibly main choiring... Scary stuff!

      Delete
    2. Hey - well done! Argh, I'm on my oooown! Sienna's not coming either... boohiss.x

      Delete