Sunday 23 October 2011

Ablutions

Today I thought I'd do a post about my skincare, what I use, love and covet. I love blog posts like this, mainly because of my unhealthy obsession with beauty and skincare, but also because I'm nosy and like to find things out about peoples' lives. 

Unfortunately I've never been blessed with good skin, so all the products I use are aimed at oily, spot prone skin.

I'm a massive Clinique fan, and religiously use their '3 step skincare' programme; cleanse, clarify and moisturise. 



(Battered bottles I know, but this just highlights how much i love them...)

Every night I also diligently apply my various anti-acne lotions and potions in the hope that I will wake up with the glowing complexion of an Arabian princess. Alas, this has yet to occur. 
These 2 products certainly help me on my way though;
Retin A gel 0.025% (prescription only)
Sudocrem Healing cream. 
In my opinion, the latter is somewhat of a miracle, yet seems relatively unheard of. 



I also like to use a weekly mask to keep my skin free of lurking nasties. A few i love are;
Clarins Pure and Radiant Mask with Pink Clay
Bodyshop Ionic Seaweek Mask 
Bodyshop Tea Tree Mask



Even with the above battle plan, my skin still seems able to overcome my attempts to quell its unruliness. 
In times like this I rely on a good concealer.
I love;
Bodyshop tea Tree Concealer
No7 Instant Radiance Concealer

I also often use a mascara, as I find it works wonders at opening up tired eyes. 
I've loved many, but my favourites are by Clinique and Urban Decay.




No comments:

Post a Comment